Derek entered the counseling profession after spending 23 years in the high tech industry. His passion for helping others develop their careers and seek personal growth led to this natural transition into working as a psychotherapist.
Derek earned a Master of Arts in Professional Counseling from Texas State University-San Marcos, and he holds a Finance degree from The University of Texas at Austin.
He is a:
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist in Texas (LMFT)
- Licensed Professional Counselor in Texas (LPC)
- Board Approved Supervisor in Texas (LMFT & LPC)
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist in North Carolina (LMFT)
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Certified Group Psychotherapist (CGP)
- EMDRIA Certified EMDR Therapist & Approved Consultant
- AASECT Certified Sex Therapist (CST)
- TBHI Certified Telebehavioral Health Practitioner
Derek completed his graduate training internship at Waterloo Counseling Center in Austin, where he also co-led a weekly HIV+ Support Group. Besides seeing individual clients, couples, and multiple partners, both gay and straight, Derek leads weekly therapy groups for women and men, and provides private practice consultation for other therapists.
To contact Derek please call 512.658.2960
Therapy becomes a microscope focused on the intricacies of the inner life. It is sunlight and rainfall nourishing a tender human plant. It is a flowing river of self-discovery, self-confidence, and fluid strength.
-- Carl Rogers